Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pondicherry and the beach

We went to Pondicherry on July 17 and 18. Even though it was the weekend before our final presentation, it was good for us to get out. I also wanted to visit Pondicherry before leaving Chennai. Pondicherry used to be a French colony. It is a common get-away for tourists and Chennaians who can afford to get away

I had a crepe at Le Club, which I highly recommend:


I also had steak, french fries, and chocolate mousse at Le Club. The food was excellent. In fact, I ate way too much the entire time we were there, but the prices were also great when converted back into US dollars.

We watched the sunrise on Saturday morning. I have a nice video of it, but here is a friend's picture of the sun rising, taken from the hotel room.


The day after returning from Pondicherry, the Chennai team took us out to eat at a buffet and then the beach. I decided it was about time to swim in the Bay of Bengal, because I hadn't up to that point and did not know if I would have an opportunity again. The team must have been surprised when I ran past them fully clothed!

No comments:

Post a Comment