Monday, July 20, 2009

Night at 10 Downing

A few weeks ago, we visited a club here in Chennai known as 10 Downing Street. It was interesting to see the locals in a different environment. We went to the club on “lady’s night”, so the girls had free admission and free drinks. I paid a $10 cover charge, but then received a $10 discount on anything I ordered. So, I ordered some kebab, won tons and a juice. The DJ was good but only played electronic/techno music. It was loud, and he only started to play music I could dance to around 10:30. By that time we were ready to leave. We had fun, nonetheless.

While we were there, a photographer wanted to take pictures of us. I saw him talking to some of the girls with us first, and I assumed there was some sort of catch: Maybe he would try to sell pictures back to us later. He had told the girls that he was from an Indian newspaper, and our pictures were about to appear in the next day’s paper. We didn’t believe his story, but we checked the papers for a while just in case. We had given up when Shruthi called us from her grandparents’ house. There were pictures of us in the paper! We checked online and found more. Joan and Katy were in the paper with a caption that read “Joan and Katy show their megawatt smiles.” Here is the link: Rocking ladies night at 10 Downing Street (Times of India).

No comments:

Post a Comment